Starting anything new feels slow and difficult at first. Work hard and be patient. As long as you work hard, your first colored belt is never more than 8 weeks away! In your first few months we’ll work on the following:
- Getting your body used to moving differently
- Basic stances, blocks, strikes, and kicks
- Coordinated movement
Colored Belts: Learning
As you progress into colored belt ranks, you’ll build on your foundation. This period lasts about two years, and consistent workers typically progress to a new belt every two months or so.
During this learning period, you will:
- Perfect the basics
- Learn advanced movements
- Master over 25 self-defense situations
- Get a great workout!
Black Belt: Where Learning Really Begins
Many people think that achieving a black belt represents the end of their learning experience. This couldn’t be further from the truth!
Although you “know” all the moves, you don’t know everything! (Keep in mind that it takes additional years of practice to earn progressive degrees of black belt). A typical fourth degree black belt has trained consistently for 12 years or more.
Our black belts focus on:
- Perfecting their technique (speed, accuracy, coordination, & power)
- Mastering sparring abilities
- Mastering real-world self defense abilities
- Teaching others when assisting Master Chung